Labster's Business Development Representatives (BDRs) are at the front line of Labster’s mission to empower the next generation of scientists across the globe. They are responsible for generating qualified sales pipeline via prospecting activities. On a daily basis, BDRs talk with the world’s leading colleges and universities to help them bring engaging, innovative STEM content into their classrooms.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with Sales Executives to develop and execute territory plans
- Prospect into assigned accounts via cold call, email and social outreach activities
- Qualify prospects and schedule Initial Meetings(IMs) for Sales Executives to speak with a Sales Executive
- Meet & exceed activity, initial meetings, and qualified pipeline objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Research schools to understand course offerings, academic initiatives and potential needs
- Identify and add new contacts to Salesforce.com
- Qualify both inbound and outbound leads
- Attend trainings, enablement sessions and workshops
If you’ve got these skills, we’d love to hear from you
- B.S degree or equivalent experience
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Strong presentation & public speaking skills
- A team first mentality
- Coachable with a growth first mindset
- Ability to work in fast changing, dynamic environments
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Strong interest in partnering with educators to bring innovative teaching methods into their classroom
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture, ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity, and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous parental leave policy with a phased return to work program
- Work with flexibility
- Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
- Learning budget for professional development
- Company-wide equity program
- Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world!
- Access to free 1:1 therapy sessions and other mental health and wellbeing support tools through a membership with iFeel
- Opportunity to get involved with our Women In STEM and LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Groups!
Our commitment to all of you
Labster, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Labster strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. Labster complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.