As a Scientific Content Creator here at Labster, you will help our amazing content team in creating the next generation of 3D education solutions to expand and improve our catalogue. As the ideal candidate, you are imaginative, creative, and have strong writing skills. You can't do everything yourself so being a team player and communicating with the rest of the team is essential (don’t worry, we are geeks and super nice!).
You are definitely a bit of a perfectionist, but no worries, that is an advantage! Changing the world is not an easy task and those details are what make the difference. Fast learning and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment are great qualities to have as a Labster team member, so be ready for quick changes as we adapt to our clients’ needs. Also, the organization is key for us, you will have a lot of responsibilities, and you must be able to prioritize and make fast decisions.
What you’ll be doing
- Create and support an engaging learning environment for students and educators.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the development team to build, review, and improve simulations. This is a group effort, where you will bring your scientific knowledge and writing skills to the table. Be ready to test simulations and iterate through them to meet scientific accuracy and high-quality standards, while ensuring that the students have fun.
- Collaborate with other content team members to create the “simulation flow” for new science simulations. Use your imagination to design virtual experiences for high school and university students, while ensuring that storyline, theory and quiz questions all come together (it's almost like writing a movie script).
- Review and improve potential scientific issues in simulations.
- Guide development of innovative solutions that meet educational needs based on a deep understanding of our customers
If you’ve got these skills, we’d love to hear from you
- Strong passion for science and education.
- You must have a PhD in Chemistry with teaching experience.
- Experience in science communication or education.
- You possess excellent written and spoken English skills.
- We don’t expect you to have coding experience, but it’s an advantage to have a tech-savvy mindset that will allow you to quickly learn all the tools and processes we are using in the development process.
- You are effective while working in a remote and distributed environment.
- Education technology experience a big bonus
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture, ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity, and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What’s in it for you?
Be a part of making science accessible and engaging to the world’s future scientists
Generous parental leave policy with a phased return to work program
Work with flexibility
Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
Learning budget & freedom to decide what you learn!
Company-wide equity program
Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world!
Access to free 1:1 therapy sessions and other mental health and wellbeing support tools through a membership with iFeel
Opportunity to get involved with our Women In STEM and LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Groups!