Labster is looking for a mid-level Data Analyst to join our Data department and support us making data-informed decisions. As an EdTech company, Labster has data at its core, which means expanding our data team is critical our technology advances. In this role, you will work hand in hand with our data engineer, using your analytical skills to create actionable insights out of large volumes of data. You will enjoy working in a dynamic and spontaneous environment where new ideas are the encouraged and where your work is extremely visible and recognized.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement reports and dashboards to provide data support for the development team
- Analyze impact of new features on the product KPIs
- Collaborate with stakeholders (content creators, engineers, community managers, marketing) to support decision making
- Research and develop statistical models to explain customer behavior
- Help determine telemetry needs of the product and translate those needs into concrete requirements
What skills you'll utilize and develop
- You Love Data!
- Good SQL and data transformation skills (Python, spreadsheets)
- Experience in data modeling for analytical/reporting use
- High attention to detail
- Fluency in English required
- 2+ year of experience with data or product analytics
- A degree in a STEM or related to Applied Statistics is preferred but not required
- Experience in the education or edtech industry a bonus
- Experience working with Python
- Experience with data visualization tools. Eg: Tableau, Qlik, Power BI or other similar tools
- Experience working with modern data warehouses e.g. Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake
- Experience with more advanced analytics topics such predictive modeling, cohort analysis and regression analysis Stakeholder management skills is a bonus as well
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What’s in it for you?
Be a part of making science accessible and engaging to the world’s future scientists
Generous parental leave policy with a phased return to work program
Work with flexibility
Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
Learning budget & freedom to decide what you learn!
Company-wide equity program
Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world!
Access to free 1:1 therapy sessions and other mental health and wellbeing support tools through a membership with iFeel
Opportunity to get involved with our Women In STEM and LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Groups!
- Labster, Valencia
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Workplace & Culture
With 20+ nationalities placed in offices in Bali, Zürich, Copenhagen, and Boston, you will find yourself in a truly international environment. We value and protect engagement and empowerment as we believe that the best results are created by engaged and inspired team members.
Labster is a Holacracy company where authority and decision-making are distributed throughout self-organizing teams. Don't misunderstand though - Labster offers great and healthy leadership; just with far less top-down management.
Labster's vision is to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world!
We do so by developing fully interactive advanced lab simulations based on mathematical algorithms that support open-ended investigations. These are combined with gamification elements such as an immersive 3D universe, storytelling and a scoring system which stimulates students’ natural curiosity and highlights the connection between science and the real world.
Our main partners are HigherEd institutions and High Schools but we also support companies with their internal and external corporate training.
Labster is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Loading application form
Already working at Labster?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.