Here at Labster, we rely on a meticulous financial system to drive our mission-driven business forward. Our accounts payable (AP) function keeps that system running smoothly by managing cash flow and paying vendors. We are seeking a skilled financial specialist to join our Finance Circle to help process, track, and record payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The Accounts Payable Specialist will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on financial transactions, keeping us on track, on time, and on good terms with our valued partners. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a growing organization and to be valued for your hard work and contributions, read on!
- Manage accounts payable using NetSuite and Tipalti
- Handle accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Receive, verify and reconcile expenses and other financial reports with account balances and other office records
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Strengthen and grow relationships with vendors through timely payment
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensure bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Drive streamlining improvements around the accounts payable process
- Execute credit card and bank account reconciliation
- Process transactions and other accounting duties such as routine account maintenance and reconciliation
- Manage a select assortment of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
If you’ve got these skills, we’d love to hear from you:
- Experience in accounts payable/accounting or similar roles
- Fluency in verbal and written English required
- Competent with NetSuite
- Strong data entry skills and an interest in numbers
- Payables cycle comprehension
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Superb time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Great attention to detail
- Excited to join a Global organization and make an impact!
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of making science accessible and engaging to the world’s future scientists
- Generous parental leave policy with a phased return to work program
- Work with flexibility
- Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
- Learning budget & freedom to decide what you learn!
- Company-wide equity program
- Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world!
- Access to free 1:1 therapy sessions and other mental health and wellbeing support tools through a membership with iFeel
- Opportunity to get involved with our Women In STEM and LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Groups!