Are you an expert on high performance and request responsiveness to and from the front-end? Do you take pride in managing the interchange of data between the server and users? Is your focus a fast and error-free experience?
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to bring fresh ideas as we enhance our suite of STEM simulations to improve accessibility and the user experience for our customers. We are excited to meet our next experienced Node.js backend developer to help us deliver a fast and error-free experience. This is your chance to join a mission driven global organisation and help us work towards our mission of reaching 100 million STEM students globally.
We're using a modern microservice architecture with a Node.js (TypeScript, Nest.js) / Vue.js / MongoDB stack. If this all sounds exciting, then maybe you are our next Senior Backend Developer!
What you’ll be doing
- Implement and manage integration solutions with the learning management systems of major universities, globally reaching millions of students and teachers with a team of passionate professionals.
- Alongside a team of domain experts and software engineers, you’ll develop high-quality products, fully compliant with industry standards (e.g. LTI) and tailored to the teachers’ and students’ needs.
- Collaborate with developers to improve the quality of our backend solutions.
- Review other developers’ code and contribute to the active developer community at Labster.
- You’ll have a chance to work with Cloud technologies, like AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker.
If you’ve got these skills, we’d love to hear from you
- You're a backend development guru, particularly Node.js.
- Big bonus points for TypeScript,Vue.js and MongoDB experience.
- You’re fanatical about good code quality and software design.
- You’re a can-do and will-do, proactive person, motivated by delivering value through amazing user experience development.
- Learning is everything. You’re an advocate of constantly learning new technologies and skills.
- You see the simple, yet powerful solutions, because you’re an analytical thinker.
- BSc in Computer Science is desirable but not a deal breaker. We know that equivalent education or practical experience counts just as much.
- Fully proficient in English.
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What's in it for you
Be a part of making science accessible and engaging to the world’s future scientists
Generous parental leave policy with a phased return to work program
Embrace the autonomy of holacracy, and work that fits into your lifestyle; self-development, family-work balance, and mental wellbeing are highly valued by Labster's engineering team
Fair and attractive salaries
Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
Learning budget & freedom to decide what you learn!
Company-wide equity program
Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world! (Covid permitting)