As an Account Manager here at Labster, you are given the opportunity to disrupt science education by helping to grow and retain our existing customer base in the Higher Education market in the United States. To be successful in this role, you will develop long term relationships with key stakeholders and create success plans for your clients aimed at maximizing Labster’s value within the classroom. You are directly responsible for the lifetime value of your clients. Our Account Management team stands 25 team members strong today through team collaboration, dedication to our customers, and a collective desire to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
What you’ll be doing
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships within universities and educational institutions to drive upsell opportunities and generate new revenue
- Build and implement account plans to deliver maximum revenue potential while ensuring customer ROI
- Meet and exceed sales quota and all activity goals as set by the leadership team
- Speak knowledgeably about Labster’s services and how we differentiate ourselves from competitors
- Develop relevant questions and build dialogue to understand the need in Higher Education
- Collaborate with teachers and institution stakeholders to maximize Labster’s product adoption during the license period with a focus on reducing churn
- Act as a trusted adviser, advocating client needs back to Labster’s internal support, product, engineering, and marketing teams
- Is an awesome Labster ambassador!
If you’ve got these skills, we’d love to hear from you
- Previous experience with a start-up or scale-up tech or SaaS company preferred
- 3-5 years of sales and account management experience, managing contract renewals and expansion sales
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as, Salesforce and Gainsight
- Self-starter, an entrepreneurial sales mindset
- Strong attention to detail and excellent, persuasive communication skills
- Team player who puts the customer and team first
- Passionate about customer outcomes and value delivery during the customer lifecycle
- You are BOLD...big ambitions motivate you
- You enjoy and work best in a constantly changing, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- We have not figured everything out. We need your help!
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of making science accessible and engaging to the world’s future scientists
- Embrace the autonomy of Holacracy, and work that fits into your lifestyle
- Fair and attractive salaries
- Work with flexibility
- Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
- Learning budget & freedom to decide what you learn!
- Company-wide equity program
- Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world! (Covid permitting)
Our commitment to all of you
Labster, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Labster strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. Labster complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.